There was a time where positive affirmations for weight loss were not part of my thought process, nowhere near my mental radar.
When I was younger I could eat all day long – chocolate bar after chocolate bar. All washed down with full-sugar drinks and junk food.
I did NOT put any weight on.
I defied everything that we are led to believe, and then I hit 30…..
What the hell happened on that birthday?
Overnight it was like I all of a sudden learnt how to put weight on, and now I had so many bad eating habits to break.
Since then, having my children has been a catalyst for severe weight gain and loss. A yoyo journey of striving for my ideal shape.
That is the thing with weight gain, it can affect us at different times in life. Some face a fight with weight loss from our early years and some of us, well, it comes with age!
Can Positive Affirmations Help With Losing Weight?
So whilst diet and exercise are key factors when it comes to regulating your weight, did you also know, that affirmations for weight loss can be super effective too?
So why not build some daily positive affirmations for weight loss into your routine.
I know that weight loss can feel like a long journey, and it seldom feels like you’re making any progress.
Understandably, many people give up and fall back into their old habits.
Before you quit, do this, try and incorporate daily affirmations.
Even those with slower metabolisms or stubborn resistance can use these.
Below are our favourite affirmations for weight loss, that will fill you with confidence, motivation, and success.
Stay reading to the end where I will go more in-depth with some of my favorite affirmations that will help you hit your targets.
Let’s jump right in.
Positive Affirmations for Weight Loss
- I am not afraid of hard work.
- I am committed to becoming the person I will become.
- I am losing weight each and every day
- I am stronger every day.
- I praise myself for every step towards a healthier me.
- I am building a strong fortress of a body.
- Exercise is making me feel strong and powerful.
- I know my worth.
- I am creating a body I love.
- I only set goals that matter.
- I am building long term healthy habits.
- I am more inspired and empowered every day.
- Each day I get closer to my ideal weight
- I am patient.
- I am exercising stronger each day
- I am blessed with help and motivation.
- I can do everything I set my mind to.
- I am consistent with my exercise routine
- I am in control of everything that I think and do.
- I face any challenge with courage.
- I am surrounded by people who encourage and support healthy choices.
- I am a wonderful being, and I choose to love and respect myself.
- I am in control of what I eat and drink.
- I love and I respect my body.
- I am worthy of everything that is good.
- I am released from craving bad food choices.
- I love to exercise
- I am healthy and energized.
- I take care of everything that I own, my mind, my body, my spirit, and my feelings.
- Health, vitality and happiness are constantly surrounding me.
- I deserve to live a happy life.
- I am worthy.
- I love my workout regime and what it helps me achieve.
- I am rewarding my body every day.
- I am happy with this process of reaching my goals.
- I am patient in every activity that I have My body is healthy. My mind is brilliant.
- I am aware of my habits and I constantly improve them.
- I resist unhealthy foods and focus on nutrition.
- I am building the groundwork to a healthier me.
- I achieve a balance of physical and emotional health.
- I believe in my ability to make better lifestyle choices.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth.
- I am taking care of my bodies physical needs.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envisioned now.
- I vary my diet and maximize my nutritional needs.
- I am in the process of positive change.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- I am at peace.
- I am happy and healthy.
- I am beautiful and everybody loves me.
- I am balanced both mentally and physically.
- I am healthy, whole and complete.
- I am at home in my body.
- Wellness is the natural state of my body.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I always listen to my body.
- I honor who I am.
- I am willing to change.
- I am in complete harmony with myself.
- I am in charge. I now take my own power back.
- My body appreciates how I take care of it.
- I am providing for my body with only healthy foods.
- My body is my shield.
- I am on an ever-changing journey.
- I am grateful for my healthy body.
- I am constantly discovering new ways to improve my health.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I am in charge of how I feel and I always choose happiness.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- I have the power to create change.
- I make the right choices every time.
- I trust myself.
- I am as special as anybody else living on this planet.
- I matter and what I have to offer this world also matters.
- I am patient.
- I refuse to give up because I know that I have the tools to succeed.
My Favorite Weight Loss Affirmations
Losing weight comes naturally to me
We’ve all met somebody that says this, and it seems so unfair. So, why not try to repeat their line, and see if it changes how you view weight loss and your body.
This affirmation will make losing weight feel more natural and easier. Carry on with your exercises and diet (if you have one), and watch as your mindset and body change.
I love to exercise
We know, this might not feel like the truth – in fact, it might be the complete opposite case. That doesn’t matter, though.
Have you ever thought about negative affirmations, too?
You know, if you keep telling yourself that you hate exercise and it never makes a difference, you may actually begin to believe it. In turn, this will negatively impact your ability to lose weight and exercise.
So, try telling yourself that you love to exercise. This will instil in your brain until you genuinely look forward to your workouts.
There’s a reason, after all, why so many gym-goers absolutely swear by working out and a positive mindset. Try it out, and see if it makes a difference.
I am in control of everything
Weight gain, in particular, can make you feel like you’re completely out of control.
It’s important to remind yourself, even when it feels totally involuntary, that you are in control of everything.
Remind yourself that you are in absolute control, of absolutely everything.
Alternatively, you can affirm “I am in control of how much I eat” if binge eating is a big problem for you.
Likewise, you can say “I am in control of how much I exercise” if you’re not exercising as much as you would like to be.
No more excuses or passing on the blame. These are harsh truths you need to hear every day.
I love and care for my body
Everything related to weight loss should be done safely and productively.
It’s way to easy to be harsh on our bodies, especially when we’re unhappy with how they look or perform.
Remember, this is your one body and you should love and care for it. The way you treat your body will reflect on how it responds.
I look and feel amazing
Similar to the point above, there’s a good chance your unhappiness stems from your brain.
Of course, it’s normal and fine to want to lose extra weight, but it isn’t the most important thing. You should feel amazing, regardless of how much you weigh or what you’re eating.
Similarly, you should feel you look amazing, despite not fitting a conjured idea of “perfect”.
When you’re kinder on yourself, your body will react kinder to you.
I love my body
Again, this is a little bit similar. I mention these because they’re so important, especially when you’re going through a physical change.
Loving and accepting your body is the first step to weight loss.
Every day I am getting slimmer
You see, with weight loss (unfortunately) you do not wake up one day and look like a completely different person. It is often a slow transition.
Many people only realise how far they’ve come by looking back on photos.
So, that can make everything feel really discouraging, and giving up seems like the best option.
Remind yourself that you are getting slimmer every day. Of course, this will have to be met with efforts to actually get slimmer.
When you know that your efforts are being reciprocated in this way, you will notice the difference.
I am patient
I mentioned how painstakingly slow the weight loss process is. So, it’s important to affirm your patience to yourself.
Patience will serve you well in life, not just in weight loss. It’s a generic affirmation that many people (whether they’re losing weight or not) love to use.
I deserve to be my ideal weight
It’s true – you really do. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be in the exact place that you want to be.
If you’re losing hope in your weight loss journey, it could be because you don’t feel worthy of the comfort or happiness it will bring.
You definitely are worthy.
This affirmation is so important to practice, as it will keep you striving for what you know you deserve.
Do Affirmations for Weight Loss Work?
Affirmations are used to rewire your subconscious – reinforce your belief system. Strengthen areas of your mind that help work towards your weight goals.
Of course, weight loss requires a certain level of physical effort, too.
You also have to make lifestyle changes, so think of the affirmations as a way of doubling up these efforts.
The affirmations listed above work in contingent with your exercise and meal plans. They help keep you driven and positive. A super important mixture when it comes to weight loss.
I hope these affirmations help you achieve all your weight loss and fitness goals. Being happy with yourself, both physically and mentally, is essential. Affirmations help you to find harmony with your inner and outer body.